Following MUT’s declaration of a trade dispute to the government on the sectoral agreement negotiations of the financial package, the MUT is issuing the first set of directives effective from Monday 13th November.
The MUT is also ordering a one-day strike for educators in State and Church Schools on Monday 27th November.
Industrial actions are applicable to the following grades (supply or regular) in State and Church Schools: KGEs, EOs, HODs, Teachers, LSEs, AHs, HOS, Trainers, MAV Centre Administrators, LSC Coordinators and Technicians grades.
List of directives:
- All educators are to refrain from doing work or communication related to audits/reviews
- All educators are to refrain from doing work related to international studies
- No work and participation in subject meetings and meetings organised during curriculum time or non-contact time and IEP meetings.
- No participation in school committees
- Educators are not to organise and attend seminars/conferences/COPE organised by the central management (Directorates/College/Church Secretariat/IFE/agencies/entities)
- Educators are not to act upon all external communication received by the central management (Directorates/College/Church Secretariat/IFE/agencies/entities)
- All educators are to refrain from presenting schemes of work or planning materials
- No external communication to be carried out through VLEs (teams, MySchool etc)
- Educators are not to submit annual examination papers
- No parents’ days and meetings with parents are to be held
- No work to be carried out on assessments
- Educators are not to submit student attendances in any form
- No use of the communication book
1. All work not carried out during directives shall not be carried out at a later date.
2. All other MUT directives already in force shall remain in force.
MUT thanks members for the ongoing support. Non-members are invited to join MUT to receive the union support and assistance during these industrial actions.