The Malta Union of Teachers has just issued the fifth edition of The Educator – A Journal of Educational Matters, which is a peer-reviewed journal that publishes research on aspects related to education. The journal attracts contributions which help to promote debate on educational matters and presents new or updated research on many topics. In this issue, the list of articles being published are as follows:
– “A message from the President of the Malta Union of Teachers – A national research platform for Education” by Marco Bonnici
– “A union for all seasons – the first century of the Malta Union of Teachers (1919-2019)” by George Cassar
– “Is it time to introduce a Quality Rating and Improvement System (QRIS) for childcare settings in Malta to achieve and ensure high quality Early Childhood Education and Care experiences (ECEC)?” by Stephanie Curmi
– “Social Studies Education in Malta: A historical outline” by Philip E. Said
– “How the Economy and Social Status influence children’s attainment” by Victoria Mallia & Christabel Micallef
– “Understanding the past with visual images: Developing a framework for analysing moving-image sources in the history classroom” by Alexander Cutajar
The editor-in-chief of the journal is Comm. Prof. George Cassar while the editorial members are Marco Bonnici and Christopher Giordano. Click HERE to download current and previous issues of the journal, which are available on the MUT website free of charge.