The Malta Union of Teachers has just issued the third edition of The Educator – A Journal of Educational Matters, which is a peer-reviewed journal that publishes research on any aspect of education. The journal seeks to attract contributions which help to promote debate on educational matters and present new or updated research in the field of education. Such areas of study include human development, learning, formal and informal education, vocational and tertiary education, lifelong learning, the sociology of education, the philosophy of education, the history of education, curriculum studies, the psychology of education, and any other area which is related to the field of education including teacher trade unionism. The editor-in-chief of the journal is Comm. Prof. George Cassar while the editorial members are Dr. Manwel Debono, Dr. Sandro Lanfranco and Dr. Anthony Vella.
The following is the list of new articles and communications being published in this third issue:
– “Water and early childhood experiences” by Denise Cutajar and Lariza Zammit
– “Bridging the home-school gap: the relationship between the home and school reading experiences” by Fabienne Sultana
– “Education for sustainable development in the early years: waste management” by Marilyn Busuttil
– “On-going professional development of teachers: the case of Malta” by Michela Sammut
– Short Communication: “Scientix – Where Science Education matters” by Patrick Camilleri
Click here to view the journal, which is available on the MUT website free of charge.