Following intensive meetings between the MUT, the MCAST management and the Industrial Relations Unit (IRU), it is clear that there is no willingness from the IRU to reach an agreement on how to give lecturers what they are due. This agreement expired more than a year ago and after long negotiations during this period, the IRU are using delaying tactics to stall negotiations in spite of reconciliation meetings. In view of all this, the MUT is issuing a fresh list of directives to members to start as from Monday 22nd January 2018 as follows:
1. No submission of assignment results.
2. No written and verbal feedback on assignments.
3. No verbal explanation of assignment briefs.
4. No Submission of Assignments for Internal Verification.
5. No Invigilation duties.
6. No Institute tours with students.
7. No participation in student graduation ceremonies.
8. Attendances to Administration only provided at the end of the month.
9. No participation in official extra-curricular events/activities.
10. No participation in media events.
11. No communication with students beyond time-tabled lectures and contact hours.
12. No communication through email.
13. No use of personal telecommunication devices.
14. No uploading of new material on Virtual Learning Environment (VLEs) such as Moodle, Schoology, etc.
15. No attendance of staff meetings.
16. No Continuous Professional Development (CPD) meetings.
17. No apprenticeship.
18. No placement monitoring.
Furthermore, a strike of 2 hours each, between 10am and 12pm is hereby being announced for Thursday 25th and Friday 26th January 2018.