As stated, the MUT is launching two new services for members who experience aggressive behaviour in schools. Here is more information:
(1) Emergency SMS for Aggressive Behaviour
The first is an SMS emergency line for members to report aggressive behaviour and receive the appropriate assistance. The mobile number is 7921 3379 and should be used as follows:
– send an SMS with your name, ID or membership number only and the MUT will get back;
– it will be operative during MUT working hours, which covers all school hours when such behaviour might happen;
– for the service to be effective, please use it in cases of aggression only.
Last but not least, this service is not intended to replace any policies, regulations or laws on reporting to superiors or the Police but it is there for members who require support in navigating the system.
(2) Psychotherapeutic Support
The second service for members is the provision of a Psychotherapeutic Support Service from qualified personnel. An expression of interest has been issued with details and can be accessed HERE. Information about dates for appointments and what will fall under the remit of this service will be issued once the selection process has been concluded. UPDATED: please click HERE for more information about this service.